Free SEO Audit Tool
Enter the URL of any web page and see how optimised it is for one keyword or phrase…
About the SEO Audit Tool
Join over 5,000 businesses that have used our website SEO audit tool to identify common SEO issues and improve their ranking in Google and other search engines.
Your free SEO audit will highlight ways to improve to your website search engine optimisation and grow your website traffic. An SEO analysis covers website speed, keyword usage, meta tags, image optimisation, code issues, mobile responsiveness, backlinks and more!
Start checking off those SEO improvements and get ahead of your competitors. If you want to dominate your niche let’s work together, take advantage of our SEO packages.
Meet Chris Finnegan
As an engineer turned digital marketer Chris combines the technical aspects of search engine optimisation with targeted marketing to consistently grow website sales and leads.
A ‘nature geek’ Chris can be found gardening and bushwalking when away from the desk.
Like this tool? Please share it! Don’t forget to watch your inbox for expert SEO tips from Chris and the SEO Copilot team!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I use the free SEO audit tool?
All you need to do is enter the url of the page you want to check, a specific keyword or phrase and optionally add a competitor to compare the optimisation. Click ‘Scan Now’ and our SEO checker will analyse your website for any issues or opportunities. A pdf download of your free SEO audit will be emailed straight to your inbox.
How is the SEO score calculated and what does it mean?
The SEO score that your website and a competitors are given is based on a number of SEO factors including issues discovered by the SEO checker and page speed. The score is meant to be used as a guide to how optimised a page is overall.
What factors does the SEO audit check on my website?
Our SEO checker scans your website producing a downloadable pdf SEO audit. It includes the following SEO factors.
- Website Speed Audit. The load time of your website impacts visitors and your Google ranking. Website speeds under 2 seconds is ideal. If your website is slow, you’ll need website speed optimisation expertise on the case.
- Website URL. Checks the url is SEO friendly and contains the target keyword. Add your keyword in the url with dashes between words.
- Title Tag & Description Tag. Checks the keyword usage and length of title & description tags, a critical part of on-page SEO.
- Image Analysis. Checks image optimisation and keyword usage.
- Heading Tags. Scans for H1,H2,H3 tags checking for keyword usage and duplicate titles.
- Copy Analysis. Various content checks including word count and keyword usage
- Code Analysis. Some code checks for technical SEO.
- Social Analysis. Scans for social accounts and company blog.
- Mobile SEO checker. Tests for gzip compression and mobile display.
- Page Link Analysis. Web page backlink data powered by Moz.
- Root Domain Link Analysis. Root domain backlink data powered by Moz.
- Domain Analysis. Checks domain length and configuration including HTTPS (SSL) setup.
What should I do with the SEO Audit report?
The report will highlight a list of SEO tasks to improve your ranking and traffic. Before reviewing these tasks and implementing them you should use a rank tracker and Google Analytics to measure improvements. If you find the changes are confusing or challenging, we have the experts right here to help!
Why let your competitors get all the action!
SEO Audit Tool Resources
Below are some helpful blog posts explaining in more detail what some of the SEO checker audits mean and how to DIY some of these critical SEO tasks on your website.
Digital Marketing Guides
The right digital marketing mix for 2020, explained in plain English. Our expanding set of digital marketing guides cover a range of industries and niches. They include practical examples of meta tags, other information relating to the SEO audit tool and much more.